What your mover wishes you knew
A big part of a successful move is preparation, so it’s unsurprising that most of this article revolves around packing.
If you don’t want to use our packing services, please have what you want moved packed properly and all boxes sealed and ready.
If an item fits inside a box than you should place it in a box. This makes the move so much more efficient, saves tons of time, and costs less.
Here is what your mover wishes you knew:
– When packing, think of the game “Tetris”. If all your items are predominately square, its much easier to stack the truck with minimum risk for damage and complete your move a lot faster-
– Not filling the boxes all the way up causes the boxes to crush when we stack them. Use proper size boxes for your items
– Packing books or other heavy items into large boxes instead of small boxes makes it very difficult to move
– Please tape the top and bottom of the boxes shut instead of folding the box flaps shut
– If the items don’t fit in the box and half of the item is sticking out, it makes it difficult to move
– If you will have multiple stops or drop-offs for your move, different colored painters tape is a great way to mark what items go where. Post-it notes don’t really work as they fall off easily
– Light bulbs shall be removed from all lighting fixtures and placed in a separate box marked “fragile”
– Floor lamps shall be detached from their heavy base foundation, as they tend to break off during handling
If you would like to learn more about the moving services we offer and the associated costs, please do not hesitate to contact Sparta Movers today at 855-360-6683.